Artful Parenting – Simple Tips for Raising Awesome Kids
The tips for raising kids in Artful Parenting are for use by parents who. . .
- want to have happy, well-adjusted kids.
- desire to raise their children in a more positive and nurturing environment than they may have experienced in their own childhood.
- want to be in charge of their children in a responsible and loving way and not have their kids be in charge of them.
- want to teach their children to have respect for themselves and others.
- want to have a handle on giving their children choices.
- believe in disciplining their children and don't want to hit or beat them.
- want their kids to be truthful with them.
- want teenagers who don’t rebel.
About Judi Holdeman (Grants Pass, Oregon Author)
By the age of 23, I had three children. I was raised in a dysfunctional home; was too young emotionally to be a good mother. When I was 40, I had the opportunity to become a mother for the fourth time. I made a commitment to myself and my unborn child that I would learn how to be a good parent. Over the years, I had observed all kinds of parenting, my own included, and came to the conclusion that parenting is what makes the child. Parents are the child’s first teacher and the first years build the foundation for all that is to come. I signed up for a parenting class. What I learned in the class was very different from the kind of parenting my first three kids had received The tips in this book are the ones I used. Many people told me that he was the best kid they had ever been around. This assisted me in knowing that I was on the right track and kept me in alignment with the tips in this book. At the same time, I wondered how he would turn out in the end. As the years went by, I kept thinking to myself that, if these tips really worked, I would write a book. Over the years, I have watched my son grow into the promise I knew a kid could be out of positive parenting. He is a person who is a caring, compassionate and responsible human being. He is respectful of others, he keeps his word and is at peace within himself about who he is. I do not think he just happened to be this kind of person. I know that he turned out the way he did because of the way he was raised.